Greg Hernandez - ACGSL President
• (27 Dec 00) Review the ACGSL December 2000 Newsletter - Click Here
• (14 Nov 00) There will be an Atascosa County Genealogical Society Library, Inc. meeting at 7:00 on Tuesday, 14 Nov 2000. The meeting will be held at the Library, Ave. H and 4th St, Poteet, TX. Officers will be voted on during this meeting. Please make time to attend this very important meeting and be a part of an outstanding organization.
• (9 Feb 00) The Williamson County (Texas) Genealogical Society will hold its annual seminar March 11, 2000 in Round Rock, TX. The speaker will be Leslie Smith Collier of Dallas, TX. For more information contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• (6 Feb 00) Raffle Winners
Boys 18 speed bicycle...... Margaret Trouhart Lytle, TX (she is looking for training wheels HA) Girls 18 Speed bicycle..... Shannon Neal Poteet, TX School girl Handman leather wallet..... Arlene Wheeler Christine, TX Ladies handmade brooch..... Greg Hernandez North Richland Hills, TX Turkey ................... Mrs Van Birdwell Jourdanton, TX Fruit basket .............. Joe Hernandez Somerset, TX $25.00 gift cert. ......... Arleen Wheeler Christine, TX 2- T shirts................ Roland Eichman Poteet, TX We would like to thank everyone who donated to the project. (ACGSL)• (24 Jan 00) A meeting was held at the Stage Stop Inn in Pleasanton TX by the Atascosa County Resource Conservation & Development Committee. The Coordinator Bertha Venegas noted some Computers had been donated by Vice President Al Gore through the Hassle Free Community Project. They have been allocated one per County. The Atascosa County computer will go to ATASCOSA COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY LIBRARY, INC. A big Thank You to Al Gore and to the committee for choosing the ACGSL. It is a much needed resource for the Library. We have already gotten a tower to go with it and is being installed by Greg Hernandez, our member. (ACGSL)
• (23 Jan 00) Well I am up and feeling a little better, so here It comes...
We had our board meeting here at my house. All 8 board members were here. Plus 3 husbands and a wife. It really turned out great. We worked on Bylaws. and voted to have a newsletter every 3 months. Betty Ritchey agreed to write it. Our regular meeting is the First Tuesday of the month, at 7:00 pm. Board meeting same day 6:15 pm. Our regular meeting is open. We will meet this Tuesday here to finish the bylaws. This Month Is our Membership drive so will be sending out letters this week.
I broke down and got a CD-RW Drive (CD burner) and it is installed. Now to learn how to use it. We will start on it real soon.
We need news, queries, pictures, history, and documents about your city and county. Any one can send in.
I have not gone to the library yet. hope to soon. (Ladell)
• (21 Nov 99) ACGSL Officers elected for the year 2000. View the new officers for 2000.
• (21 Nov 99) We've added three Newspapers for reading at the ACGSL; the Lytle Leader news, Devine News and Pleasanton News.
• (3 Nov 99) Just a reminder to all our Website visitors to VIEW our Guestbook and Message/Query Book on the Main page periodically. There are many visitors searching for ancestor and genealogy information in Atascosa County. Some may be your Kinfolks! Check it out. (Jim Downing)
• (14 Oct 99) We want to invite everyone to come by and sign the book that will go into our time capsule, which is a large colorful strawberry. Tentatively, the opening will be ten years from the date it is sealed. Come on down. (Ladell)
• (22 Sep 99) Visit our Atascosa County Veterans Page and Honor the young Men and Women remembered there... Atascosa County Veterans (Jim Downing)
• We are fixing a book of obits from other places that have been sent to us. Send us your city obits that we might save and share with others. Have put several together from here and elsewhere. I found my g-grandparents and others from a library in a little town in Missouri in 1911.
• Remember, if you have any information, pictures or write ups of your loved ones or friends that were Killed In Action, Please let us hear from you. We want to remember them.
• See our Wall Of Honor plus a variety of pictures, stories, lots of History Of our County dating back to 1700. Other Counties and States also. The library is open Tue. Wed. Thu. for you to do your research. Stop by for a visit. (Ladell)
• Click here to check out our new Tips and Tid-Bits Page.
Note: Email me some Genealogy Tips or Tid-Bits to add. (Jim Downing)
• Click here to browse through our new Catalog Pages.
There will be an Atascosa County Genealogical Society Library, Inc. meeting at 7:00 on Tuesday, Mar. 6th. Board meeting at 6:15 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Library, Ave. H and 4th St, Poteet, TX. Please make time to attend this meeting and be a part of an outstanding organization.
Soon, a "free genealogy class for Beginners" will be held, at the ACGSL Library building at Ave H and 4th Street. Anybody interested can email email@example.com or call 830-276-4684 and leave name and number and they will be contacted about the scheduled times and dates.
For more information, call (830) 276-4684.
Announcements at next meeting
To be announced at next meeting
Highway 16 History and Legends
Library Organization & Indexing
Website Design and Implementation
Cataloging Poteet School Census for entire years and before consolidation